More than 250 dealers and customers of Terex Pegson & Powerscreen, the world’s leading manufacturers of mobile crushing and screening plant and equipment for the mining, quarrying and recycling industries, attended their Americas Open Day, held in San Diego, California during February 4-6. The successful event featured a major conference for dealers, a separate parts conference, and an on-site demonstration of a range of Terex® Pegson & Powerscreen® crushers and screens, showcasing their adaptability for a wide variety of functions.
The conference also provided an opportunity for dealers to attend a series of expert-led workshops designed to maximise the customer experience of Terex Pegson & Powerscreen.
“Our Americas Open Day was an outstanding success and feedback from dealers and customers has been fantastic,” said Global Sales Director Pat Brian. "Economic conditions globally may be challenging, but Terex Pegson and Powerscreen are committed to enhancing the experience of all our customers, to reinforce our position as the world’s leader in mobile crushing plant and equipment for our key sectors and to continue to innovate as we have in the past. I have no doubt that the conference was an excellent way for us to stay connected with our most important asset, our customers.”
"The Americas Open Day was of great benefit to me and my staff," said Dealer Principal Claus Benzin from Aksel Benzin A/S, who travelled from Denmark to attend the event. “In this tougher economic climate, it is great to see Terex Pegson & Powerscreen actively showing its long-standing commitment to its network of dealers and customers and to the market at large. We too believe that it is important to get that message out there and we value the lead they have shown.”
Rϋediger Christophel, Managing Director, of C. Christophel GmbH in Germany, travelled to the Americas Open Day with nine members of staff and 13 customers. “We were excited about the product range and were particularly keen on the onsite demonstration and the opportunity to hear about future plans. I’m pleased to say that my customers were impressed by what they saw and my positive experience of Terex Pegson and Powerscreen has been reinforced.”
Seven working crushing and screening plants made up of 16 individual crushers and screens, were on demonstration at a limestone quarry outside San Diego. Several new products were on display, including:
* XR400S Jaw Crusher: The work-horse of the Terex® Pegson jaw crusher range. It is a mid range, primary or secondary jaw crusher, suitable for most applications and capable of producing up to 400tph, depending on the application.
* XV350 VSI is a versatile, fuel-efficient, easily-to-maintain vertical shaft impact crusher that gives you full control of the shape and size of your end product, especially for use in high specification contracts.
* XH250 Impact Crusher: Designed especially for the recycling and demolition markets, the XH250 Impact Crusher has special features designed to prevent chamber overload and damage.
* Dual Power Chieftain 2100X: With dual power, this provides users with an alternative energy source and the ability to choose fuel type for use depending on cost, location and availability.
* Chieftain 2100X Bivitec: Designed for screening bulkier materials that might cause traditional screens to ‘blind’. For example, fibrous or very fine materials, materials with high moisture content, and applications where quality of grades and low cut points are important.
* Warrior 2400: Capable of scalping, stockpiling and three or two-way splitting a wide variety of material types in difficult and demanding applications such as in scalping, recycling, aggregates compost, topsoil, coal, construction and demolition, waste and iron ore.
* Finesmaster 200X Compact: Designed to produce one grade of clean, dry ready-for-sale sand and ideal in applications where material needs to be washed, such as quarry dust, beach sands, recycled materials and Iron ore.